วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 19 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2555

LITE-ON 4x Blu-ray Disc SATA Internal Optical Drive iHOS104 came with software


Great Drive, Bad Software, (What's this?) The drive is great for the price and no problems with it. Installed in minutes and will read any disc I put in.

The software does suck though. I installed it in Vista and it won't recognize it as a Blu-Ray drive and refuses to play anything even after updating the software. I gave up and used it in my Linus partition but I really disappointed in the fact that the bundled software does not work and I have tried it multiple times in two different computers.
Bait and Switch, (What's this?) I ordered this blue rewritable drive - which the picture shows and the specifications stated - but Amazon kept sending me (after I returned the first one) the cheaper non-rewritable black model. When I went back to pull up the product page, the blue drive suddenly vanished from the web site having been replaced by the cheaper black read-only model. Don't buy this item because Amazon's trying to pull a fast one.
came with software, (What's this?) Got this Blue ray for my Dad PC, it worked OK and came with a old version software but it worked like a charm for him. I would use again because I have installed several Blue ray drive and must do not come with any software that can cost up to $100.00 if you have to buy it later. The drive work great 1 yr later.
Great Blu-ray drive, (What's this?) The drive was very easy to install and Windows7 saw it and loaded the driver without issue. I installed the software that came with the drive and started watching a Blu-ray movie on my computer. Couldn't have been easier. Great deal.
It is what it says, (What's this?) Works great! Easy to install.....2 screws 2 wires no bigger. Throw in software...install....MOVIE TIME! Software could be better, but it works. All in all I am very happy, great product at great price.
Simple DVD Blue ray player, (What's this?) I only have the unit to play movies off of one of
my computer. I had no need for burning with it.
windows 7 keep losing it, After 2 months, windows started to lose the drivers for this diskk drive. if you are lucky enough to find the latest firmware, windows can't initiate the device.
Does not play nice with Linux, (What's this?) If you're going to use this drive in windows, it works fine. It will do the job.

If you dabble in linux at all, dont expect this drive to play nice at all. Ive tried several 11.04 ubuntu distros, and have had one install so far using this drive, vanilla Ubuntu 10.04. After it was complete, it did not recognize the drive.
Plays everything I throw at it, (What's this?) Summary:
--------
* you might need to purchase a power cable adapter (details below)
* device installs easily, is quiet, and works well with all DVDs, blu-rays, 3D blu-rays I threw at it.
* review does NOT include the PowerDVD software provided with the device. (used ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre instead)

IMPORTANT: this is a Blu-ray READER. I saw people complaining they cannot write with the device. If you need something to WRITE blu-rays or DVDs, this device is NOT for you.
Don't buy if you want to watch Blu-Ray on your computer, (What's this?)

  • Max. 8X DVD-ROM/+R/+RW/+RDL/-R/-RW/-RWDL CAV reading
  • SATA interface, 5-1/4" half-height internal BD-ROM drive
  • Max. 32X CD-ROM/R/RW CAV reading
  • Serial ATA Revision 2.6, ATA-8, MMC-6 and SFF-8090 V7 compliant
  • Max. 4X BD-ROM/BD-RE SL and 4X BD-ROM/BD-R/BD-RE DL CAV reading

  • Max. 8X DVD-ROM/+R/+RW/+RDL/-R/-RW/-RWDL CAV reading.SATA interface, 5-1/4" half-height internal BD-ROM drive.Max. 32X CD-ROM/R/RW CAV reading.Serial ATA Revision 2.6, ATA-8, MMC-6 and SFF-8090 V7 compliant.Max. 4X BD-ROM/BD-RE SL and 4X BD-ROM/BD-R/BD-RE DL CAV reading..

    ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

    แสดงความคิดเห็น