วันเสาร์ที่ 14 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2555

Samsung 22X DVD/RW SATA Drive SH-S223C/BEBE (Black)


Anemic to the point of slow death, Installed on my MacPro. It worked ok for a few days, then ate a bunch of DVDs and now won't read or write at at all.

Caveat emptor! I am returning for the Pioneer BDR-205.

You get what you pay for....
Burns DVD's super fast, no SATA cable or software tho, I purcahse this DVD-RW for a new build and it burns DVD's sooo fast, less than 4 minutes to make a copy of Avatar with Nero 9 from my Hard Drive, less than 2 minutes to duplicate DVD's. Where as my Sony DVD-RW (its a SATA too, 2010 model) took almost 15 minutes to copy Avatar and 10 minutes to duplicate DVD's. Cd's burn in under a minute.
Windows 7 recognized the drive right away and installed the generic drivers for it but I went to Samsungs website and got the latest firmware upgraded drivers (www.samsung-ODD.com) and just put your model # in and you can get the user's manual and the firmware upgrade. They even have a "Live Upgrade" or "Live Patch" download that instantly installs the software for you. But I recommend going to "One Click Firmware Upgrade" and getting the attached file: SH-S223C_SB06.exe .
Also while your on Samsungs webpage under firmware, download the Program "Magic Speed", its used for controling the "reading speed" of CD's so you can reproduce CD's at a faster speed than normal.
Craptacular, I bought this in February when I built a computer. It worked great for a week, then it stopped. I finessed it into working again but it never seems to want to. It's a lazy drive. It gives error codes that are irrelevant. And I've tried numerous ways to fix it from cleaning to firmware upgrades. Sometimes it won't read. Sometimes it won't burn. Sometimes it won't even show up on my computer. I shut down the pc, unplug it and then plug it back in. It's the crappiest optical drive I've come across. So not worth the time or money.
No Samsung logo, (What's this?) No Samsung logo on the drive. The OEM code for the drive is not present and therefore the firmware is not upgradeable via Samsungs website.
no cables, no audio outputs, (What's this?) This was certainly a disappointing purchase. This drive came with no sata or sata power cables, and has no audio output plugs. Forget about using this for anything other than copying and burning data.
grabador no es lo que dice, (What's this?) no me gusto la compra que hice.
el quemador no trae marca.
y lo mas importante es que solo me graba discos de dvd+r
los -r los trata de grabar pero los cierra.
Good Burner Fast and Quiet, (What's this?) Nice drive, great for burning xbox 360 backups of your current purchased disks. Have not been able to burn a backup of the latest Wii games I bought and my old pioneer burned them fine. Not sure if it is user error or something with the drive but user error is quite possible. Overall the drive is fast, quiet, and sleek. I am quite happy with the purchase and would repeat the purchase if had to do it over again. Not able to get lightscribe working yet but have to make sure this dirve actually has lightscribe. Again maybe user error.
Great product, (What's this?) I just installed this in my new rig, and it works perfectly. One of the fastest read/write speed drive i have ever seen. The only thing that i can say bad about this drive is that when i bought it, it didn't come with any cables or CD. But other than that, awesome drive. A must buy!.

  • The SH-S223 drive offers a powerful over-speed performance feature that enables consumers to burn data at high speeds

  • The SH-S223 drive offers a powerful over-speed performance feature that enables consumers to burn data at high speeds. The Samsung Internal Half Height DVD-W Supermulti SATA 22X (OEM) optical drive is a powerful drive capable of handling all tasks, including burning DVDs that users can throw at it. A cost effective way to upgrade your out-dated optical drive.

    ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

    แสดงความคิดเห็น